We often hear that technology is changing the world and it is changing the way that people earn their livelihoods. One of the finest examples of this takeover of technology is modern day ride-hailing apps and the way people are making huge amounts of profits from them. A couple of years ago, two of the largest ride-hailing companies in the world, Careem and Uber came to Pakistan. Starting from one city and expanding to several major cities of Pakistan, these ride-hailing apps are now a huge phenomenon. Many people are associated with these apps and are driving their own cars or have hired drivers to drive their cars for these apps. In case you are wondering what are the prospects of Careem and Uber business and how much one can earn per month, keep reading, as we have done the necessary research and found the estimated profits and revenues for you.
How Much Can You Earn if You Have Your Own Car and You Drive It Yourself?
Many unemployed people and even the employed people who have their own cars are driving for Careem and Uber. The best thing about these apps is that there are no fixed timings so even if you are doing a full-time job, you can still manage to make a quick buck by driving according to your own convenience. Here are some of the things that we found by talking to some Uber and Careem drivers.
- The work timing is flexible and you can work according to your convenience. However, if you want to make a significant amount every month, you will have to put in a lot of hard work.
- How much you earn will depend on your working hours and on how many rides you get during those hours.
- The drivers who work 2 to 4 hours every day can expect to make 10,000 to 25,000 Rupees every month in profit. This is after accounting for fuel and other expenses.
- The drivers who work 8 hours every day can expect to earn anywhere between 35,000 to 100,000 Rupees every month. This is after accounting for fuel and other expenses.
- The drivers who work 12 hours every day can expect to earn anywhere between 50,000 to 140,000 Rupees every month. This is after accounting for fuel and other expenses.
- Generally, the people you will come across while driving will be educated and well behaved and you are likely to have good experiences. However, once in a blue moon, you might have a bad experience.
How Much Can You Earn if You Don’t Have a Car and Drive For Someone Else?
If you do not have your own car and want to drive for someone else, you can make some money, but you should not expect much. Here are some of the things that we found.
- Generally, drivers are hired on per month basis and one driver has to drive the vehicle for 8 to 12 hours every day.
- The salary per month is usually 15,000 to 20,000 Rupees.
- The drivers are hired by the car owners and they work for the owners.
- In the end, the working hours and the salary will vary from person to person and the drivers have to negotiate the terms with the car owners.
- The best place to find car owners who are looking for drivers are the various Facebook groups of Careem and Uber users and investors.
How Much Can You Earn if You Simply Invest and Hire Drivers?
This is something that many people are interested in. Generally, people have the impression that it is an easy business and requires very little work. This is actually true and it is highly lucrative as well. Here are some interesting details for investors.
- The investor will have to hire the driver himself and he will be directly dealing with the driver.
- The investor can see the daily rides and earned revenue via email. Every time the driver gets a ride, an email is sent to the vendor/car owner.
- The investors have various options when it comes to cars. He can buy the latest sedans as well as the smaller vehicles. Both Uber and Careem have their own list of acceptable cars. The minimum amount that an investor can expect to invest is around 5 lack rupees.
- The earnings of investors will depend on several factors.
- If an investor has given the latest model of Suzuki Swift to a driver who drives 8 hours daily, the investor can expect to earn 20,000 to 50,000 Rupees every month, after paying the driver and after accounting for fuel, etc.
- If an investor has given the latest model of Suzuki Swift to a driver who drives 12 hours daily, the investor can expect to earn 30,000 to 80,000 Rupees every month, after paying the driver and after accounting for fuel, etc.
- If an investor has given the latest model of Suzuki Swift. And has hired two drivers who work 12 hours each every day, the investor can expect to earn anywhere between 60,000 to 200,000 Rupees every month after accounting for driver’s salaries and fuel costs.
- Some investors have several cars dedicated to Careem and Uber. Such investors are earning more than 3 lac rupees every month. However, like with other businesses, one should test the waters first, before investing a huge amount of money in this business as well.
Which Company is Better in Pakistan? Careem or Uber?
This is a tough question. Some people have had a great experience working with Careem and some have had a great experience working with Uber. Both the companies have their own payment structures and both have their own pros and cons. It is recommended that you see the payment structures and policies of both the companies and compare them yourself to get a better idea.
What are your thoughts about this emerging Careem and Uber business in Pakistan? Let us know in the comments section below.